Q: How do the Owl Instant Video Service credits work?
A: At the beginning of the month you will receive 60 credits visible in your Owl Car Cam App and unlimited Video Alerts. You're able to mix and match how your credits are used and buy additional credits as needed.
- OK Presto = 1 credit per voice tag
- Live View = 1 credit per minute
- Video History = 1 credit per minute
Q: Will my Owl Car Cam work without Owl Instant Video Service?
A: Owl does a lot without the Owl LTE Service but even more with it. Without LTE you can take advantage of many of Owl’s features when you are in Wi-Fi range of your car.
Things You Can Do:
- Your camera still records while you are driving and in guard mode
- You can still trigger clips using your voice by saying “OK Presto”
- You can still view and save clips to your phone in History over Wi-Fi
Things You Can’t Do:
- No Instant Video Alerts
- No remote Live Viewing
- No downloading and sharing video when you’re away from the car
- No voice naming OK Presto clips
Q: What is the subscription price after my first free year?
A: $99 annually or $10 monthly after the introductory year that is included with your Owl Car Cam purchase.
Q: How do I get more credits if I run out?
A: You can purchase 60 additional credits in the Owl Cam app for $4.99.
Q: Can I buy this in my country and does Owl work outside the US?
A: We want to be everywhere as fast as we can, but today Owl is only sold and works in United States of America.
Q: What happens to my clips if I don't have a LTE connection?
A: Your clips will automatically be uploaded once you have coverage.
Q: Does Video Alerts count against my monthly 60 clips allowance?
A: No, Video Alerts are on us. You are only charged for the clips you create, the time you spent on Live View, and in Video History.