Q: How do credits work when I add multiple cameras?
A: Credits for all connected cameras are pooled together.
Q: How does the Owlcam credits work?
A: At the beginning of the month you will receive 60 credits visible in your Owlcam App and unlimited Video Alerts. You're able to mix and match how your credits are used and buy additional credits as needed.
- OK Presto = 1 credit per voice tag
- Live View = 1 credit per minute
- Video History = 1 credit per minute
Q: Will my Owlcam work without the LTE Data Plan?
A: Owlcam does a lot without LTE Service but even more with it. Without LTE you need to be in Wi-Fi range of your car to access footage.
Things You Can Do:
- Your camera still records while you are driving and in guard mode
- You can still trigger clips using your voice by saying “OK Presto”
- You can still view and save clips to your phone in History over Wi-Fi
Things You Can’t Do:
- No Instant Video Alerts
- No remote Live Viewing
- No downloading and sharing video when you’re away from the car
- No voice naming OK Presto clips
Q: What is the subscription price after my first year?
A: $99 annually or $10 monthly after the introductory year that is included with your Owlcam purchase.
Q: How do I get more credits if I run out?
A: You can purchase 60 additional credits in the Owlcam app for $4.99.
Q: Can I buy this in my country and does Owlcam work outside the US?
A: We want to be everywhere as fast as we can, but today Owlcam is only sold and works in United States of America.
Q: What happens to my clips if I don't have a LTE connection?
A: Your clips will automatically be uploaded once you have coverage.
Q: Does Video Alerts count against my monthly 60 clips allowance?
A: No, Video Alerts are on us. You are only charged for the clips you create, the time you spent on Live View, and in Video History.